Moving oil filter to oil pump location

I was reading on Mr.510's and NissanNut's pages on how they did the VG33 swap into the WD21 and D21 and was wondering if anyone has done the oil pump replacement on a VG30 to move the oil filter to the oil pump area?

I read about the different oil pumps that are used on the VG30 and the VG33 and how the crank snouts are different sizes between the two engines, 25MM on the VG30 and 32MM on the VG33, but from reading about the swap on NissanNut's page I discovered the VG30 used in the Nissan Quest up until 95 used the small crank snout style and had the oil filter installed at the front of the engine,

so from what NissanNut stated that he used the Quest oil pump, with a VG33 oil filter mount, the pickup tube from a WD22 with the stock oil pan from a VG30, he said he used the lower timing cover from a Quest but had to modify it slightly to clear the harmonic balancer.

This all sounds possible, anyone know anyone who did this on a VG30?

Thanks

Was just a thought, If the engine was coming out for whatever reason I may consider it, the only thing I think my engine needs right now is a rear main seal, I had it replaced when I had the JDM engine put in but I have an oil leak and it looks like it is coming from between the engine and trans, don't think it is from the dr. side valve cover as I do not see any oil on top of the trans.