Today's work pics, F-550 susp. Flex

ahardb0dy

Today, had to back the 550 down an incline to get to a valve that was 23' behind the curb, got some good susp. flex out of those big coil springs!

Pass tire:

f54tx3.jpg

Dr. side tire almost tucked up under the fender, lot of weight on this corner, tire looks like it is low on air:

70x92v.jpg

front view:

besoav.jpg

rear view of the setup, this was at a different valve:

jqq24o.jpg

The valves we have been doing this week mostly have been 30", 575 (+ or - 20 turns), running the valve machine at 1800 RPM (where we are supposed to run it), each valve takes aprox 1 hour and 10 minutes to exercise, close fully than open fully, the machine does everything except starting and reversing, the rest of the time we stand around in the heat (or rain) or sit in the truck.Pretty boring but better than turning them by hand or having to dig or break concrete.

.. the rest of the time we stand around in the heat (or rain) or sit in the truck.Pretty boring but better than turning them by hand or having to dig or break concrete.

Never admit that man! I was thinking that you had some adventurous job. :lol:

Really? I'm stuck in a lab all day with stupid rubber testing equipment. The only flex I get is when I'm pulling rubber samples on my tensiometer. waiting.gif

So you work in a condom factory?

James

• Like 2

Yes. I'm looking for a field tester in the receiving position. You interested "big boy"? :lol:

:rofl: walked into that one....I thought of making a comment much like yours JamesRich but something held me back...now I'm glad I didn't...

Edited by Bluewulf73