Pathy was broke down for 3 days...

TrailChaser

I just wanted to put this up here for everyone who might have this problem in the future.

Here's the tread on nissan4wheelers.com about my pathy's problems...

For those of you who don't like clicking links here's a short and quick version:::

I washed the engine (while running)

Unpluged the MAF sensor to knock excess dirt from the K/N

Forgot to plug the MAF back in b4 cranking

Cranked the pathy, ran about 15 seconds (ran crappy) then died

Retried cranking only to have it crank then die agian

Thought to myself "I forgot to plug in that darn MAF sensor"

Plugged it in and still no deal on cranking.

Checked the ECU codes and got a 12 and 21

Reset the codes and only got the 21 ignition signal code

I then went and checked for spark

Had sprk from the coil to the dist cap, with no spark from dist cap to plug wires

Replaced (in order) the: rotor $7, Dist cap $19, Ignition module $20, and coil $10

Got the last 2 items from a parts yard off a 91 pathy. I love the price difference from auto parts store.

Ended up that after 3 days of trying to figure it out my cousin who is a mechanic noticed that it had a yellow/orange spark from the coil. He said it was too weak so I replaced the coil and it started right off.

We eliminated the coil right away because we where actually getting spark to the cap. You'd really have to read the whole thread to get an idea of the trouble and frustration I went thru for those 3 days.

I got it started just in time to go to work for my first day on a new job.

Hey me too!!!! (Pathy broken down for 3 days)

My story is a little different though.

On the way to a New Years Eve party, I got about 1Km from my house, and she died. I quickly realized the engine wasn't getting fuel, so I checked the fuel pump fuse.....blown. Put another in.....blew that.

The next day I took the access panel off in the back of the cargo area, and removed the fuel pump. Tested.....dead. Parts stores were closed, so it would have to wait until the next day.

Called around first thing in the morning on Sunday January 2nd, found a fuel pump....

$300CDN!!!! :furious:

Put the fuel pump in, reattached fuel lines, and refastened the bracket/plate on top of the gas tank that the pump mounts to and fuel lines run through. Then I started the truck, and walked back to check......fuel spraying into the cargo area of the truck. P...

Had to replace the whole unit where the fuel pump mounts to, and the fuel lines go through because the pipes had rusted through......the sending unit, and gas guage are on that unit. No scrap yards in the area had the part, so I called Nissan......

$200CDN!!!

So, $500 later, and she's running great again. -alcohol-