Heater problems

Aussie_Terrano

Hi everyone, I have a wd21 terrano and the has stopped working. I'm thinking its electrical because it used to work and then it stopped and started again and then stopped. Just wanna see if there is any common heater problems with the pathfinder.

Thanks

Have you replaced the radiator or anything in the cooling system recently? Are the levels fine? If it hasn't been air bled properly you can get heating issues.

Good point Leo. You could have a trapped air bubble in the heater core that is preventing the hot coolant from flowing through it. Have you heard any "sloshing" sounds on engine start up under the dash?

Can you hear the damper door move when you go from hot to cold on the temperature dial? Mine is very audible. if that cable or connection has snapped the door will never open and no heat...

thats right its getting colder on that side of the world isnt it....

Edited by Inyourface1650

• 4 weeks later...

You should be able to feel the 'action' of the door and cable when you move it from hot to cold with the slider. If it feels to 'light' then you have a cable/door issue. If thats fine then you are either low on coolant or have a clogged heater core. Pull the hoses and flush it out either with water or try and blow it out with compressed air(not liable if you blow up your core). I was able to blow mine out after it sat for years. It had chunks of nasty built up in it.

• 3 weeks later...