88 XE owner in SLT.

69cory420

Trogdor, by no fuel left, most would assume if paying several hundred dollars for a vehicle that the previous owner would have the decency to leave somewhere in the range of 1/4 tank, the gauge was below E, and precise, he did claim some outstanding features added, the only thing that I found to be true was 4 degrees advanced ignition timing, which apparently raises hp slightly and supposed fuel mileage as well? Not sure how, but I fixed it before I left, put $20 in the tank at $3.87 a gallon, and left on 1/3 of a tank, which was about 1/8th above 1/4 and arrived in Tahoe with 1/4 tank even, so the fuel economy seems pretty well and the 110 mile trip having nearly 5 gallons in the tank did better than I expected. Maybe his fuel efficiency claims are accurate, put a few dollars here and there in the tank and I can go for quite awhile. But I won't make any claims as outrageous as 30-35 miles per gallon, maybe 20-21 tops downhill or on flat ground, also he claimed to have regeared the tranny and differentials, allowing it to do some outrageous speeds, from what I can tell, they have been tinkered with, but nowhere nearing his claim of a 188top speed, this brick on wheels would take off. I did manage to spike the speedometer and still have a little room to go, then I don't know how accurate the speedometer is either as the tyres are 2 sizes larger than the door sticker says. And yes precise the kid was a total tool but I wouldn't use that term, maybe something along the lines of butt plug, loser, Justin bieber number one fan? anyone of them would suit the kid perfectly.