Dash Lights stopped working after installing aftermarket stereo

Dirtygirl

After reading through the posts concerning stereo install in a 1991 pathfinder I am still at a loss.

I am hoping you can help me, I removed my broken stock stereo and installed a aftermarket one using an adapter harness, the install was quick and painless, I have sound and everything works well except for my dash lights and heater control lights no longer work. There is a two wire pin socket that connected to my stock deck that is now not hooked to anything. The wire coloring suggests that it for the illumination. I tested both leads and they show 12VDC when the lights are turned on. I have not been able to find a wiring schematic that will allow me to trace this problem further.

Have any of you come across this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

There is a switch in the black piece around the radio, under the vent, that adjusts the brightness of the dash lights. First, make sure that it is turned up. If that does not work, pop that whole piece out and make sure everything fit reconnected before you reinstalled it. the switch fit the brightness is by the emergency flasher switch. At least, that is how the curved dash pathfinders are. I'm not sure about the square dash.