Engine swap.. VG33E into WD21

BarrLee

Hi everyone, I had a bit of a look around the forums but computers hate me...

I'm trying to find any info on swapping out my tired old VG30 and replacing it with a VG33E.

I have a 93 5speed manual, if anyone has any info or could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that link. A good read guaranteed.

I have asked around many places where I live but most say to get rid of the Pathy and get a more common 4x4 and work with that instead. The WD21 is not usually modified here so parts and experience are greatly lacking. I love my pathy and it has served me very well in many places where the big boy 4x4's had trouble navigating or simply bogged down in the mud while I slipped and slid past them. The old girl deserves an extra life to keep her going for years to come.

I have asked around many places where I live but most say to get rid of the Pathy and get a more common 4x4 and work with that instead. The WD21 is not usually modified here so parts and experience are greatly lacking. I love my pathy and it has served me very well in many places where the big boy 4x4's had trouble navigating or simply bogged down in the mud while I slipped and slid past them. The old girl deserves an extra life to keep her going for years to come.

It seems that allot of people in australia seem to disregard the wd21 and got for a hilux or patrol as an easier alternative. You will find plenty on information you need for modifying your wd21 on here. I say you keep it and modify it to your hearts content, it is so rare to find a modified wd21 in australia that you will stand out for sure if you plan on going though with this.

Well, if we all listened to them we would be driving Jeeps, just like them. I don't want a Jeep!

The WD21 is almost perfect for me. It looks good, isn't too big, it is ultra-reliable, capable off road (even stock) and paid for. Address a few weaknesses/upgrade a few components and it is a great vehicle and hard to beat for light to medium duty wheeling. I've set mine up for expedition/exploring but many others have gone full rock crawler as well. What is not to love? :D

016.jpg

Parts and availability can't be too bad, my bumper came from OZ!

I say put the larger motor in your reliable lady (pretty straight forward, almost bolt on) and enjoy the new life and extra power for many years. ;)

There are many upgrades that can be done cheaply, even sourcing parts from other vehicles out of junkyards. Take some time and look around here, the ingenuity is remarkable. :aok:

B