tires and rims, need advice

jhamelin819

i got a 1997 xe, just need to know if a 15 inch rim with 3.75 inch backspacing on stock suspension will work well with a 31x10.5 all terrain tire, will i need to worry about rubbing with this set up??

Sorry I didn't know they didn't come with 31x10.5 stock. My buddy has a 97 le stock height running 31x10.5 bfg ats and he has no issues....wheels fine. If there are any rubbing issues they are very minor

No problem, they should have IMO. Our 1999.0 has 265/70/15 stock which comes out to about 29.5x10.5" on a 7" rim with unknown backspacing. 31" should fit with the same backspacing (same rim) as long as the coils haven't sagged too much, but that isn't enough for me to tell if what he is asking about will fit properly. :shrug:

B

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1989 Pathfinder two-door 4x4 SE and I just got a second set of the factory alloy rims that I plan on using for a Mud terrain set of tires I really like the Maxxis buckshots but I don't know if I should go with the 31/10.50/15 because I know that fits or what I really would like to have is 32/11.50/15 but I don't know if they will fit or not my truck is not lifted but it still sets up tall?