Help

Dg123

Ok so here is what's going on the wife's 07 pathfinder driver door won't open from the out side I took the door panel off but I didn't see anything ( didn't really know what to look for though) so we took it in and the dealership said it was the door latch assy. But they are wanting 400 to fix it so I was seeing it I could fix for cheaper so if anyone could give any help that would be great thanks

need a little more info....

does the the door not open when you pull the handle or is it the lock?

when the door is open does pulling the outside handle actuate anything on the latch mechanism?

if the latch mechanism is sticking try cleaning it with wd40 or something then re greasing it.

also when the inside door panel is off check out the linkages for the door handle and make sure they are all working fine...

if it has anything to do with the electric locking mechanism maybe some one else can lend a hand. that stuff i'm not to familiar with.

It don't open from the out side it opens from the inside and the handle doesn't do anything at all the dealership said that the cable was stretch out and it won't tighten up any more

all you can really do is pull it apart and take a look, see if you can find the adjustment they are talking about and maybe add some shims (or washers) if possible. pretty hard to imagine a vehicle from 07 would have a stretched cable....but who knows? i would just pull the door handle out and inspect it and see if you cant find the problem. even then if you have the order the part from nissan yourself it would be a LOT cheaper to do it yourself. See if you can't find a factory service manual for the R51 pathfinder, shouldnt be that hard to find