First time, long time.

Rebelord

Sup guys.

First time joining the forums, long time reading/trolling for information on here.

1999.0 SE 168k mile currently

Picked it up last April with 138k mile on it for ~4k. It was a company lease vehicle in NJ until it hit close to 100k miles. There is a long service history of it going to dealerships up there for service. Which is one reason why I picked it up. Plus I needed a work truck at the time that could haul stuff out of the elements. Its very clean for its age/mileage. I get a lot of compliments on how clean the interior is. Exterior is very clean also, just has the normal door dings and a few small dings from me recently. Heh.

It is all stock right now. Except the exhaust. That had been changed at some point in its lifetime, not sure when. But it has a Dynomax muffler now, with no resonator. Has a nice sound to it.

I have taken it in for all recall checks, checks good. Found out that when the strut recall came out. It was taken in then and was good, but they re applied the better coating. So strut housings are 4.0. Fuel filler neck is good. What was nice about that visit, was they noticed that my front seat belts would stick and not recoil back in. Whether taking them off or putting them on. Which I did notice was annoying. That's when I found out they have a lifetime warranty. Took it back in few days later, for a few hours. Bamn! Brand new front seat belts. Cant complain.

It has been running pretty good for me. I did have some hiccups about a month ago. Started running rough, and would randomly stall on me. Then I noticed a miss at certain rpm ranges etc. Checked cap and rotor, that looked original. Changed that. No dice. Started shooting plug wires, 3 were way high. Picked some up at Napa. No dice. Hmm..wth? Checked fuel pressure, checked good. Started shooting other wiring, checking stuff. Couldnt figure it out. So, off to the dealership. $525 later, new distributor. The coil pack would heat up, then start to short out to the distributor and ignition module. Which those parts cant be replaced individually. $305 just for the distributor. Which is about the same price as a reman/etc from Napa, Advance. So, just had them put in a OEM Nissan one. Plus since I had just changed the cap and rotor, the mechanic put those parts on my passenger seat for me to keep. Which was appreciated by me.

I have another thing going on. But that requires a whole new thread. O2 Bank 2 sensor 2 keeps going bad. Dont know why.

Well guys. Hope to see you throughout the forums.

Semper Fi,

William

Howdy William! Welcome to NPORA and thanks for the intro.

A resident Nissan mechanic gave me some info on possible fixes for rear O2 problems. Let me see if I can dig it up...

B

Precise,

That TSB does apply. But so does the NTB99-004b which is the grounding harness one. Which I cant seem to get a good pic of the harness and how it says its supposed to go. Even in the sticky in the R50 thread. Pic links are old.

But I did make a ground harness from the original grounds on the intake harness grounds to the pass side head. Ill see if it comes back. Plus I'll check and see now what my Bank 2 Sensor 2 is reading.