how to install nx4 spacers

shoesandsocks

I have yet to do mine but as long as the studs are not welded in spray some PB Blaster on the studs and let it sit for a while. Then put a socket under the head of the stud and tap it out. If that doesn't work you may need to use a shop press.

Do as stioc says if you're having trouble getting the old studs out. Personally I used a press. A little tip, if you buy the top mounts without the studs already fitted it's a bastard to get a wrench on the last stud nearest the inner fender. Tack weld the studs to the mount before you fit them.

Do as stioc says if you're having trouble getting the old studs out. Personally I used a press. A little tip, if you buy the top mounts without the studs already fitted it's a bastard to get a wrench on the last stud nearest the inner fender. Tack weld the studs to the mount before you fit them.

Yes! This! It makes mounting them much easier if you can tack weld them first to keep the studs from falling out.

• Like 1

I'm surprised to see the issues with assembly. If you check out the instructions, I offer alternatives to tack welding, that being a chemical adhesive. I have personally tested two with great success. The only downside is that you have to wait for them to set. The adhesives I recommend are:

Lord Fusor 110B/111B

Locktite 271

Tack welding is of course the quickest, but be sure to coat your weld with a rust prohibiting coating if you do, to avoid any corrosion issues.

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what i did i took a socket and put it behind the stud put the mount in a vice it poped right out dont know why i didnt think of that the first time just put some jb quick weld to hold the bolts in let it sit for ten min and it was good to go.