Requesting Dash Removal Pics

I need to see some pics of the dash removed. Please post them up if you have them. I'm getting ready to build my cage but I plan on building a custom dash too. I need to see what I'm dealing with so I can get the job done as fast as possible.

Also do I need all the gauges or any of the rest of that crap on the dash to drive the truck? Could I just get the steering column mounted, move the wiring out of my way and drive it if need be?

Someone here had a whole album dedicated to a square to round dash conversion but I can't seem to find it.
DSCN2931.jpg

EDIT: I think this is it.
There is also this.

Edited by Leo94
  • Like 1

The worst part of the dash for me was not breaking the vent that clip in on top.

Driving with no gauges isn't an issue, but on my old Hardbody the dimmer switch had to be plugged in or the running lights wouldn't work. I would think its probably illegal as well, and I'm sure if Johnny Law looks over he wouldn't hesitate to think its stolen:blink:

Thank you very much. Nice clear picture!

And yeah I don't plan on driving it. However I'm trying to cover my ass just in case. If anything and I mean anything goes wrong with my other car I need something to use while I address those problems. My other car runs great but you never know. I'm just trying to cover my ass because bad luck hit's hard when it does. Plus because I plan on building a custom dash, I need to know what needs to be lets there for the truck to run properly while I figure out what I need and what I don't need. I have a ton to figure out with that project alone. I might ditch the AC given that I live in Syracuse now and just build my own heater system to minimize what's under the dash. I also need to figure out if I can run after market gauges and ditch the whole stock setup or if I need to build the dash around the stock gauge cluster. That's why I'm worried about what needs to be in place for the truck to run and driver. This might take awhile.

I drove mine without gauges for a couple days once, other than the dimmer everything was gravy. Try to Google "minitruckin Nissan dash swap" They did a square to round, but he ran all auto meter gauges so I'm sure you can.

• Like 1