88 pathfinder,questions &ideas on build up.

88pathdiversam

Gday all,i bought this pathy last year,2 door pathy and im luving it. reliable work horse,great in the bush. couple of ideas,issues and questions. il fire a few off and no doubt,hope,itl go from there. first up;what model is it?se,se off road? how do i tell? 2nd,ive got 31s under it no problems with slightly more room than i would of thought standard setup would be. does any one have any ideas as to shocks or size springs id look for to see whats been done to this veichle. Also ideas on bar work,bash plates to make it have that tough military look?any ideas welcome. appreciate any feed back on these questions. Also has anyone ever mentioned 12 volt power adaptors,think its an asian plug in back of wagon? well be great to hear from u all,espeacially if u know of parts for an 88-90 model pathy as after a few parts and will be in future.

1.If you send Alkorahil your vin he can decode it and tell you what you have as well as provide you with cheap genuine nissan parts. The prices in Australia are ridiculous and I have saved a bunch of money from him and this was just one order. As far as SE, XE and LE go there's a thread on that and by the looks of it, it really means nothing because you can have which ever model and have the same features as another.

2. Are you asking about the suspension lifting options or asking about how to identify what you have?

3. Are you looking at making one your self, buying an off the shelf product or paying someone to custom fab one for you?

4. Do you mean a power inverter and your vehicle came with one?

5. There aren't too much aftermarket parts for our vehicle unfortunately especially in Australia. There are some companies such as 4x4parts.com or calmini which have aftermarket parts but they are in US and postage can be a deal breaker.

• Like 2

Thanks leo.1st,love the black pathy,how do u find the rear tyre carrier?did u build it or buy? also wondering what ur pathy runs engine and diff wise? mine runs the z24(s)motor and the h233b diffs which if im right have 3.88 diff ratios,on the compliance plate diffs labeled as hg48.

2nd-my ride height seems higer than standard and im thinking they thrown sum jgc springs in,do u know of spring heights for standard pathys?

3rd-looked at fair few pics of pathys,with bar work and bash plates and thinking of building them myself,already thrown some 2'' pipe side steps over the old steps to check the look and its definately a better look for my bus but seen sum recently made from square pipe so may go that way.just seeing what ideas others have thought of for 88 pathys.

4th-my pathy has two 12 volt plugs in back of wagon drivers side,do you have these? or are they after market?thanks for the reply and advice.

1. Thanks, tire carriers were a factory option so some have it and some don't, you could get one from the wreckers and put it on yours but keep in mind that the ones that came with a factory tire carrier have reinforced sheet metal where the mounts go. Your best off just fabricating one anyways that way its exactly the way you want it. I have a VG30I (Throttle body injection) engine which I will eventually convert to multiport fuel injection. I have the same h233b diff as you with vented disc brakes and I have the HG43 code which i'm pretty sure is 4.363 gears.

2. Does yours sit level? It is possible that you have a 2" lift kit as those are available in Australia my torsion bars are sagging so I need to re-index them to get it back to proper riding height. I don't know the spring heights but I think there's a topic on here for that it might be in the FSM. Download it anyways because it will come in very handy.

3. Look in the Member's Rides section for peoples rigs for ideas on bar work and much more.

4. Mine doesn't have those and I have never heard of them on a pathfinder/terrano so yours must be aftermarket, I will eventually ad some to mine though.

Oh btw to avoid further confusion I have a Terrano not a Pathfinder, it's basically the same vehicle but with some more features. Be sure to post some pictures of your rig :aok:.

awesome thanks leo,glad u told me bout the reinforcment as for sum stupid reason i hadin taken that into consideration,having slight issue with phones which have pics,an getting off my ass to use the pc to upload pics,but will do.as soon as work and tiredness give me a break i will be jumping back under the pathy and hopefully with better in sight. need work done on my compression rods,bushes so got plenty of time to spend underneath lol. ah yeah,the terrano,pathy differance can be a bit hard to tell if i dont see the badges,mostly interior differances? im swapping the power points lol for twin 12v lighter sockets,which are/will be wired directly to engine,hopefully down the track add the invertor.first need that 2nd job to pay for these parts. thanks mate all much appreciated.

Yeh i'm going to have to change my compression rod bushes and well all my bushes really. My terrano hasn't been registered since 04 so there's quite some work that needs to be done on it before it goes back on the road. As far as terranos go it depends which terrano you get but what I have on mine which isn't standard on a pathfinder are: Headlight washers, electronic adjustable shocks, Inclinometer/barometer, 31" tires, rear wiper and washer (not sure if it came on pathfinders too or not) and that's all I can remember at the moment. They sometimes come with dealership decals. All good with the help :beer:.

• 2 months later...

yeah the pathy has rear washer and wiper,but none of the other options yours has.i have a couple threads rolling as you may of noticed,and rekon il def go an engine swap,2inch lift,and work on customising interior a bit.