lifting a 2wd hardbody w body lift

shoesandsocks

so i didn't know where else to put this so i thought i would just do it here since it isn't directly and i know theres plenty off hardbody forums but 99 percent there all about going lower which im tryin to do the reverse on truck has been lowered for 3 years.

so my question is that i know i can lift my 2wd and i know i can just get shackles add a leaf and do torsion for the front but about a body lift whats all involved and can i even do one cause they all say manuals only and mines an auto was hoping a wd21 guys could shed some light on this for me have only driven uni body cars beside this one thanks in advance guys.

Many things say that they won't work with automatics, including lifts, headers, etc. So far I have found them to be wrong. That said, I have never worked on a hardbody so I do not know first hand. IIRC the 4wd D21 came from the factory with a 2" body lift, but I don't know what the difference is between the 2wd and 4wd set up. If it is like the Pathy, it doesn't really matter; there are a few that have been lifted.

Read through the 'installing a body lift' in the Garage/How To section and then crawl under your hardbody with a flashlight and look around, I think it will be quite similar (other than the rear, of course).

B

As B said, many things "say" they won't work on automatic wd21s, but that's just companies covering their back sides. There are plenty of body lifted autos here. 2 or 4 wheel drive won't differ for your HB, just get it for the correct year and not worry about transfer case shifter clearance!

I do believe there are some long travel suspension kits out there for 2wd trucks. Back in 96 when I was still a lot attendant, another kid who worked at the dealer had a 93 hardbody that he made a prerunner out of. Yes it was lifted and had bulging fenders, but it was cool in its own right you just gotta do some searching.