Trev's Whyd21 87 Vg30I Terrano

Trev084

I thought I would finally introduce myself,

I am from Ipswich in Queensland (Australia), I acquired my Terrano a few months ago after my uncle gave up on it after getting bogged and the engine sucking in water, my dad was the one I actually purchased it off as he owns a towing business and went and picked it up.

Specs:

1987 2 door Terrano.
VG30i and auto.
186899 thousand ks.

Power windows, power mirrors, headlight washers, aircon etc (no sunroof).

Things to fix:

Rust hole above the 4x4 badge on the passenger side (left hand side),a small hole in the hatch seal and a bit in the drivers (right hand) rear wheel arch.

Put the flares back on.

Rebuild the engine.

Replace the starter.

Buy new wheels and tyres.

Replace left hand mirror.

Weld cracked wiper cowl.

Replace Aerial.

Find rear seat headrest.

Recover or replace the roof panel above passenger seat (might be able to clean it up and rebond it).

Mods/fixes already done:

Replaced the door lock clips so you can actually use the key.

6.5" pioneer component speakers in the doors.

Pioneer DEH-P6050UB headunit.

A few aftermarket suspension components but I will see what they are after I clean it.

Future mods:

15x7+10 white gecko / sunraysia wheels.

235/75-15 or maybe 30/9.5-15 in all-terrains.

Rear wheel carrier since mine has been removed.

Snorkel.

Rear speaker replacement.

Maybe a different exhaust system.

http://www.filedump.net/index.php?pic=img05991358175926.jpg

http://www.filedump.net/index.php?pic=img06001358175926.jpg

Edited by Trev084

Thanks for the intro. :aok:

Sounds like you have a lot of work to do, but focus on getting it running and go from there. Once the motor is repaired, you will probably want to flush the tranny, clean out the cooler and/or install an aftermarket cooler.

B

Thanks guys, fortunately I have built a few vg30's and actually work as a mechanic for a living so the engine, mechanical and fiddly stuff is all a part of my day to day activities.

The only thing I won't be doing is the rust repair work as I give my brother them jobs since he does that for a living.

And of course, if my bank balance was better then it would be getting done a lot quicker but I have a few projects that take up my money. This one is now #1 though.

Terrano's had an option of 31x10.5R15 from factory and I have that size on mine so if your worried about having too big of a tire and having rubbing issues you be should be fine up to 31 until you get a lift.

Terrano's had an option of 31x10.5R15 from factory and I have that size on mine so if your worried about having too big of a tire and having rubbing issues you be should be fine up to 31 until you get a lift.

I have considered the 31's, how is your speedo on accuracy?

Thanks guys, fortunately I have built a few vg30's and actually work as a mechanic for a living so the engine, mechanical and fiddly stuff is all a part of my day to day activities.

Well, that makes it a bit easier then. :aok: Most of us just do it on the side...

I have considered the 31's, how is your speedo on accuracy?

I did this and figured it out. Going from 235/75/15 (29" diameter) to 31x10.5" tires is a 7% slow display. You can get a gear from Nissan (here in the states anyway) to address this, but I do the math or drive at or below the posted speed limit and it works out fine.

B