Hello from HMB

Palionu

I'm a new member, recent lurker and my truck currently sounds like a cheap motel bed (squeaks around turns, as I turn the steering, etc + the steering clunk).

About my little pathy first.

I was a former rice rocket driver (yeah, swaps, etc.) and I've had a lot of repairs done to it so when the reverse went out on it, again I decided to check recall reports and find something reliable. I came across the Nissan Pathfinder WD21 so I started shopping.

I checked all weekend out of desperation and found.. a 1993 white Pathy XE with 44,500 miles for $2800. Nothing mechanically wrong aside from a turn signal and headlamp and the cruise control.. projects in the making but an otherwise great truck.

I've had to replace the entire suspension after I hit 120k so that's all relatively fresh.

Rust.. is starting to appear so I'm going to patch up the spots but my plans for that are.. a little extreme.

I hate rust, I absolutely hate it so I started looking online for durable paint that will resist the vigors of daily life like.. people carelessly dinging your door in a parking garage, bushes that i drive through, trees that decide to get in my way and notably, rabid wombats.. the little turds always find me.

Anyway, I am going to order two-three cans of truck bedliner from a little company called Durabak. They make truck bedliner paint in the characteristic rough for the bed but.. they also make a gloss so I'm going to repaint my entire truck with gloss on the outside, tear out the rapist red carpeting and I think I'll go with beige on the inside for dirt but the red dash so I'm thinking a smooth Forest Green on the outside, keep the red seats/dash/floormats and use rough Beige on the inside. I'm also considering replacing the headliner material with shades of green or brown. I think I need to draw up a sketch and incorporate any possible, useless ebay buys I might want to integrate into the electrical.

Right now, it's a white pathy, rear tire holder with the dark maroon/blood colored interior with light beige/gray on the roof. It's a 2wd.. so I was thinking about a baja conversion over a dedicated 4wd conversion. I have no idea how to go about that aside from bigger tires, a wheel well trim and I'll likely upgrade to thicker, beefier suspension components, racing seats, etc. I suppose I'll have to port/sleeve the engine at some point too.. I wonder if it'd be cheaper to buy a new truck but who cares. I live by a beach so why not?

Howdy and welcome!

If you've already done the suspension recently, I'd probably leave that alone other than doing a poor mans lift (adjsuting the torsion bars and installing lift springs in the rear). Do you have the LSD rear axle? Being 2wd you want to at least have that, and if you do not, then definitely install a locker. Either set up and some aired down high flotation sized tires and you should be ok in the sand.

Wombats, eh? Nasty little buggers they are. I'd guess that you aren't in the US like your stats show... ;)

B