Cheap lift ideas

shoesandsocks

Well i need a good idea for a lift im trying to keep it as cost effective as possible and i know this subject has been beat to death but i cant find anything on the set of questiions i have.

So first question i only want aout an inch or so just want to clear the tires i want cause i dont do anything i would consider serious just some light trails.

for the rear i think is pretty much taken care of a coil spring isolater seems like the simplest way to go the problem i have is the front i dont want to do anything with changing springs all struts springs and bushing are brand new from the dealer(previous owner not me) and i like the way it rides now.

I have seen the nx4 strut spacers and they look like a good way to go, my only thing is i havent seen them not on a truck without lift springs yet. But is there any other way i have seen the snake racing ones online but i havent seen a review on them. I also was told to look into a trim packer kit as those maybe the cheapest way basically a poly strut spacer are there any for our trucks i saw one listed for an OMU lift kit but cant find anything on installing it without the lift does anyone have any input on these any info would be appreciate it.

Well, our cars are not all that popular to modify, so there are not a-lot of big companies coming out with kits for lifts.

As of now, you have the OME lifts .5", 1.5" (old man emu) the AC lift 2" (4X4 parts.com) and the KR fabs 4"/6" lift.

and depending on what your idea of cheap is. These guys probably wont fit in there, but if you read a couple of other lift threads in the 96-04 section, its more than just springs, you need wheel spacers to clear (using stock wheels, you can also get new wheels). But its recommended that you need a camber kits to that you dont eat through your front tires. new struts and shocks are ALWAYS recommended. So that adds up quick.

Plus, 31's can fit on stock height. which does add some height as well.

Coil spring isolater would be a cheap alternative, but if your springs are tired (have a ton of miles) it would be wise to just replace them. probably make the car easier to sell (if you were crazy enough to SELL THESE AMAZING CARS!!).

Also the NX4 spacers, the idea is that the level out the car, so you wont see much, it just reduces some of the front end rake. Snake racing spacers, are made in Australia, so they are a little cheaper, but shipping would probably ruin the deal, Plus NX4 has local forum support, so if you have any issues, you don't need to account for the 16 hour time difference (not sure what it is), but i have to wait till 11 pm to AIM my buddy in Sydney, and its the morning the next day for him.

So hopefully that helps, but there are not a whole lot of reliable (or tested) alternatives to the most common AC lift. But trust me, alot of guys wish there was. AC charges ALOT for those springs, and even more to have them shipped. They know they control the market for our pathfinders, and the price reflects that.

So as 01silverpathy always says, "you gotta pay to play" Which does suck, but these cars are so worth it, and can handle the modifications.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Kyle

yeah i just dont want to replace the springs and struts they only have 800 miles on them :( its there any adverse affect of having the front lift higher than the rear backwards rake so to speak i just have always liked the prerunner stance and wondered if it would hurt the truck

yeah i just dont want to replace the springs and struts they only have 800 miles on them :( its there any adverse affect of having the front lift higher than the rear backwards rake so to speak i just have always liked the prerunner stance and wondered if it would hurt the truck

If they have low miles that is fine, you don't have to replace them if they are new, 98% of everyone does because they need to be replaced.

Reverse rake is nothing to worried about, when we lower my Friends second Gen Mercedes Benz ML350. The rear had a much lower drop than the front (due to only having a V6, had the car been a 500 or 55 AMG (V8), we would have seen more of an even rake), but the car functions just normal, the rear shocks gave way, but that was a common problem.

The only thing i can see going wrong is maybe the drive shafts getting put at awkward angles, but no more than what the SFD guys run. Im just not sure as to how the car would respond, you would probably be the first to see how the pre-runner look works.

-Kyle

If your struts are that new, you won't have to replace them. Just find a spring set that you like and go with it. The shocks on the rear will more than likely need to be replaced for a little bit more travel. Actually, come to think of it, I recall some one running "stockish" shocks with an EMU spring set. You may just need to get the springs. eusa_shifty.gif

If your struts are that new, you won't have to replace them. Just find a spring set that you like and go with it. The shocks on the rear will more than likely need to be replaced for a little bit more travel. Actually, come to think of it, I recall some one running "stockish" shocks with an EMU spring set. You may just need to get the springs. eusa_shifty.gif

i do aswell, i think it will limit travel other than that, i dont see any issues with running stock rears? Can you?

-Kyle