custom bumper for R50

I'm about to make a custom bumper for my R50...what would the thickness of steel on the main part of the bumper to keep strength but keep weight to a minimum? and also would you make the frame mounts thicker for support? ( my thinking is 3/8" thick C-channel for the main body of the bumper with 1/2" for the frame mounts and upper supports and a few gussets for strength) The primary service for this bumper will be a bullbar with a 2" receiver in it for a winch mounted on a plate so it can be used in the front or rear of the truck... thanx for your time...

9yhabeny.jpg

I'm just saying that I thought the same thing with the front and rear mount but never ended up using the rear and was tired of that winch sticking out 14" now it only sticks out 3" plus the flairlead. I used 2x6x3/16" for the main body and 1/4" plates for the frame mounts

found some steel C-channel 2"x6"x 3/8"(I think)...at the local dump about 16' long..also got some 3/8" plate .. so I'm gonna start the tear down and build this weekend....