Suggestions for Suspension lift..

austinschimke

So I just recently got my 3 inch body lift on, and am really wanting to put a 3-4 inch suspension lift on. I just have no Idea what to go with. The three I know of are the Calmini 3 inch, the Trailmaster 4 inch, and the 3 inch Custom Package off 4x4parts. From what I hear, the trail master sucks, so I don't really wanna go with that. But any help that you could give me would be nice! Plus I don't want to SAS it. I'm a 16 year old, who can only afford so much! I'll have about $1200 saved to put toward it.

IMO, save your money, and do the El Cheap-O NPORA suspension lift!

For the front: Buy some UCA's (some people tend to stay away from the AC units because they dont really correct ball joint angle, which is what you are after) and crank your torsion bars. Some people dont even buy UCA's, so its up to you. Get some low profile bump stops because if you are going to crank it up 3 inches you will need some.

Now in the rear you want some Jeep Grand Cherokee front springs from this thread

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/18-rear-spring-options-for-lifting-your-wd21-pathy/

Buy some new shocks for the back at least (raising it 3 inches will limit whatever you have on there now) or if you need new shocks all around spend some of that money you were going to dump on an entire package.

Bam. Cheap, easy, and now you have money left for tires/wheels/general maintence.

El Cheap-O NPORA suspension lift!

:rofl:

It's hilarious and it's true!.

For $100-$500 you can go from just indexing/cranking the T-bars and putting longer springs in the back to matching shocks to the new travel, replacing upper control arms and changing all the bumpstops. It just depends on your budget, need and intent. For example, the springs I have in the rear of my WD21 came out of a Jeep in a junk yard and have been in 2 other WD21's before thios one, one of them a friends. They are still a perfect blend of height and spring rate. Take a bit to look around and search for the info, this is all very well documented. ;)

B

A lot of guys here run the rough country arms or superlift arms, Calmini makes some as well that seem pretty heavy duty and are priced higher. Some guys even just add a ball joint spacer to there stock UCA. It all depends what you want. Like Precise 1 said above. This info is pretty well documented so if you search enough threads you're sure to find what you're looking for.