Fun stuff in the mail...

BikerJared

Got these through Rugged Rock's group buy. They just arrived a few days ago.

8142909914_2cd62d811d.jpg

I just ordered some new studs from Nissan ($41.00 roughly). I hope I can get these installed before the snow starts to fly.

I'm also hoping on getting the stock exhaust replaced and a Flowmaster 50 installed. I'm going for a more mellow tone - I still want to hear my music. :)

Edited by BikerJared

Sweet!! I remember when my box showed up too. :aok:

I went with a Flowmaster Delta 60 myself, IIRC. Good luck gettingit all set up, I'm sure you will appreciate it. Remember though, to get the most out of them, you need to upgrade the intake a bit.

B

I'm stoked.

Yeah - I'm planning to do intake/cams/ecu when I do the timing belt. I need to decide between the JWT and Nismo cams. That'll likely come in the spring when its warmer though.

Cool, no rush though. I can only improve intake, being in a smog test area, but I'd love to put in some cams also. I'm not sure how that would work out though... :unsure:

Maybe when I have some time?

B

@JamesRich Heh - I was kind of hoping for the same thing. I guess this is the first batch DT has built for a few years - I hope I don't have any problems.

My new studs wont get here until next week so I have at least until then.

I would be surprised if you have any issues with the quality or fitment. Thorley is a reputable company from all reports I have heard, and I'm sure they are using the same jigs and fixturing as the previous runs. Have you inspected them? Did you guys get the ceramic coated or the nickel/chrome ones?

B

They are suppose to be ceramic coated. I did open the box and inspect them, they look awesome! They are so shinny I cant tell if they are chrome or ceramic but I'll figure it out when installing them. The ceramic will scratch very easy so tape them up before installing!

I don't want to chance disabling my truck till after hunting season so I won't install these till probably February. I was hoping they would have gotten here before the season started. I know Doug Thorley has a great reputation but my luck usually runs on the crap side. One bad set in a thousand and I'll get it.

James