Hey guys, new here...

BIGM

Well I came across my 94 XE pathy for free. I picked it up for my girlfriend at the time, did the basics to it, and gave it to her. After about a week she hit something on the driver side, managed the crack the radiator, and then proceeded to drive another 30-40 miles with no coolant.... needless to say the heads are cracked.....and with 230,000 miles on it I was planning on just replacing it with another VG30E, but now with her out of the picture and it still sitting in my driveway, I've decided to turn it in to my lil project. Looking forward to getting advice from the experts, and coming up with something unique....

:iws::D JK about the stupid part...

Welcome, and congrats on the 'free' Pathy! At 230k, I question rebuilding the motor if you can source a VG33 motor for a reasonable price. You currently have a VG30, the VG33 has aprox 20hp more, and if you put in vg30 cams and some headers it will only increase it. It's all written up here so take a look. :aok:

B

That was my thoughts exactly. I looked around for some heads, but I couldn't find any at a reasonable price. I'm also not the type of person that can just put new heads on it and not go through the bottom end of the motor. I'l admit I haven't really looked at moving up to the vg33, if anything I was looking at trying to find a vg30et out of an old z and try to put it in. Does the vg33 drop in without much issue? I did see that they had superchargers available on the vg33, do you need to do anything to the bottom end of them to make them last, or will they run on stock internals?

Yep, the VG33 drops right in, put all the VG30 stuff on it and you are good to go. It'll even pass a smog sniffer. You have to make/modify some brackets for the AC and/or alternator and the have to modify/replace the crank pulley but that is essentially it. I don't know about the supercharger setups other than you are supposed to run premium gas, so I'm not interested... ;)

Again, search for 'vg33 swap' or that sort of thing as there are probably 1/2 dozen write ups on it. :aok:

B