pulling my engine out

mudfinder

well, guys, in a few weeks i'm going to be pulling my engine out, i'm going to be replacing, well refurbish or rebuilt my heads, put thorley headers, replace all the gaskets. i was going to ask, does anyone know of a good place that i can get factory gaskets? i don't want aftermarket, i want Nissan gaskets, and i don't want to get them from the dealer. too expensive, i'm sure i can get some for much cheaper. soon, i will have a brand new truck.

one other thing, the is regarding hesitation when accelrating, i just added the K&N replacement air filter and it was performing alot better than before, now it's start to hesitate during acceleration and while crusing when i give it gas. any ideas on that one?

No idea on the gaskets, other than the dealer. I have a good friendship with the local dealer here, so they give me parts at a bit above cost, but way discounted off regular price.

On the Air filter, have you tried resetting your ECU? try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes, then try reconnecting. Otherwise, I'd say O2 sensor, might be goin bad.

so just by disconnecting the battery it will reset it?  O2 sensor, where is that located?

Yep, try disconnecting the battery to reset, about 5-10 min. should do it for sure. The O2 sensor screws into the exhuast below the driver's door/driver's seat.

i've used aftermarket gaskets with my engine rebuild and swap, and haven't had a single problem with them yet ... a lot of those low mileage jap engine places sell complete kits for swapping all the stuff over to a long block, so you may need to get a few additional gaskets, but that would be a resonable way to go... I think FelPro offers a kit as well ...

I do not understand, why are you concerned about aftermarket gaskets? If you use a good set there should be no problem . I use aftermarket all the time. One thing you need to know is that the head bolts are one time use. The bolt are "torque to yeild" type, which means you stress them to the yield point when they are torqued. You can reuse the bolts and they will rehold the intial torque, but the problem is that as the motor heats and cools it puts additional stress on the bolts and they just might crack. If one or two crack you can get the head to warp (aluminum you know) ( This is one area where I miss old Detroit Iron- cast heads).

Ok Forum how many have used the head bolts and say its OK! -study-