Stupid lift question

So I think I've looked thru every lift thread on this site so sorry if I repeat a question here.....I have OME springs on order and want to throw them in the day I get them. My question is this, I recently replaced my struts and shocks (didn't have plans for a lift) with KYB all around, I want to know if replacing boots or mounts is recommended and will I need longer shocks as they are not longer than OEM?

No big deal, specific questions can be tricky to source.

Replacing the mounts is recommend because the little "Bearing" wears away and squeaks, (like in my case) which is annoying and im sure there are more benefits but the main one is the annoyance factor (IMO). But DO NOT whatever you do, buy KYB mounts and/or bearings, they are numerous people who have purchased them and have had almost immediate squeaking and noise problems (like within a couple of thousand miles), most people recommend getting OEM bearings and mounts.

OEM is expensive but from what people have said, they work better than any aftermarket supplier.

Hit up the services section, see if you can find a price on the mounts and bearings in the GENUINE PARTS THREAD, the OP is a Nissan parts retailer and usually beats any online OEM prices.

Boots i don't believe are big deal, i think people say do it if you plan on jumping or spraying salt directly at your strut pistions. IIRC

About the rear shocks, it would be a good idea to get longer shocks, anything that is 16" compressed and 26" expanded, which is roughly 2" longer than stock (that info is courtesy of XPLORx4).

I've heard of a couple of guys running stock length on the 2" lift, but i would just do it right.

Another thing that might be good to mention is Camber Bolts, (this is another "at your discretion" sort of item) because our cars have camber set from the factory, you may find that after the lift it has some positive camber as one of the side effects. What these bolts do is correct for that and keep tires from wearing inconsistently (with a professional alignment of course). The reason i say "at your discretion" is because some guys need bolts and some don't for some reason the camber doesn't change or isn't enough to cause a problem. but I would do it. For the $30 or so bucks it would be for the bolts it sure beats out $800 in tires.

Check out this thread for info on that http://www.nissanpat...1-camber-bolts/

Hit up RockAuto.com for the cheapest place to located said MOOG camber bolts. And in the vendors section there is always a %5 discount available for Rock Auto

Hope this helps

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123