p1140 & P1145

Guest meiinc

Just purchased a new (2001) Pathfinder and have two codes showing, P1140 & P1145... I know the codes say left and right bank camshaft sensors..... but do BOTH go out at the same time? Is there another "common" cause that could reflect the same codes?

I don't think this falls under the 6/60 power train coverage, so trying to figure out possible cause..

Thanks for any help.....

MEI

meiinc, I can at least tell you that it does not fall under you 6/60 power train coverage. Since I have had my 2001 PF purchased new I have had to replay the O2 sensor Bank 2 -Sensor 2 and the valve timing sensor (which is code p1140 and p1145 same as you). Most of these sensors are part of your emissions control and can be replaced pretty easy if you can find them. What I suggest is buy a Haynes manual, the parts, do it you self, and have AutoZone or advance rest your computer. This will save you $60 to $120 in labor charges. Just my 2 cents???

I didn't think it would fall under the 6/60, just wasn't sure if it was common for both sensors to go out at the same time or if there was another cause that would give the same codes....

Update for the archive....

Took the truck to Nissan yesterday, told them the two codes (P1140 & PP1145) they still wanted to charge $85 so they could see it displayed on their computer... Wanted me to leave the truck and "maybe" they could look at it by the following morning....

Went to the parts department and picked up the camshaft sensors for $180 for both... went home and relized that they had given me crank sensors!! Went back and got the correct ones, "VTC Sensor" PN# 23731-2Y524 $60 each, installed in less than 10 mins and done......

My $120 repair would have been every bit of $400 and a lost day if left with Nissan.... :)