Sticky out tire question

theexbrit

Well, i don't know how much help i can be, but i have my new pro comps on a 3.75 backspace, and they sit flush with the fender flares. (running 30X9.5X15) and i know that my old stock wheels (your wheels as well) sit flush with the body on the XE models (the models without flares) and if i remember correctly had a 6" backspacing? :shrug:

Considering you have removed your fender flares, you are sitting flush, with the metal body on the stock wheels now, so a 3.75" back spacing will be 2.25 inches out from the body. Sitting just about even with where your old flares would sit.

So depending on how much wider the tires your looking at all, just push that how many inches wider than my 9.5's (i hope this is a good theory) So if you get 33X11.5X15 its going to sit 4.25" inches away from the body.

Here is a reference picture of my setup Pro-Comp 15's, 3.75" backspacing, wrapped in 30X9.5X15

7635336124_8b93a5f32d_c.jpg

I hope that kinda helps, but here is hoping someone posts picture of what you are asking.

Maybe 01silver has some side shots of his pre-SFDed pathy.

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle, I can do some figuring on what you said & get an idea of how far different tires/wheels will stick out.

Your rig looks great in your sig by the way & so clean!

Hopefully that helped, it be great to see some new wheels on your rig, are you planning on going for a full 5 set?

And thanks, whats ironic is i took that picture, the day before i gave her a wash.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Thanks guys, those photos give me a good idea of what it'll look like. I'm planing on 33"x12.5" with a 3.75" bs, so it shouldn't be too bad. Here in So Cal they can be strict on the "sticky out" thingy, but I drive like an old granny so hopefully I'll be ok. I do plan on adding flares again, but in California you can get away with detachable mud flaps as the laws are for stopping spray & stuff flying out the back , which makes sense as it rains 90% of the time in Southern California. NOT!!! :suicide: