Cruise Control Does not work

brc19761

The rubber bumpers that Nissan sells now look to be a better material than the original ones. The ones that were in my 90 sentra were white and looked like pieces of a broken lifesaver lying on the floor, very brittle.

The new ones I ordered from Nissan were a greenish color kind of like a poly material.

I ordered extra to keep one in the car since the clutch pedal as well as the brake light switch uses the same bumper. I also noticed my brake lights were on one day when I parked and walked around the back of the car.

For the price good to have extra's

part number is 46512-H0101 $3.03 each from an online dealer probably similar price from Rob on here

• 2 years later...

I would check to see if the ASCD cancel switch and Brake Pedal switch are working properly and that both of the rubber stoppers for pins on these two switches are intack on the pedals. The stoppers are know to deteriorate when the vehicels reach 10-12 years and shatter leaving the switches in the open position.

The actual cruise control solenoid runs on a vacuum. Check the hoses on it and that the linkage running from the servo to the throttle body is still connected.

Check your harness connectors to the servo in the engine bay as well for damage and poor connectivity.

I had to replace my rubber stopper piece a while back thanks to this thread it was a pretty easy fix. When i did the cruise control worked but not as good. The speed would go down like 5 or 10 miles an hour than hold. Now a year or so later it slips and kinda bucks to the point where i just turn the cruise control off and not use it at all. The slipping and bucking is bad.

It sounds like it might now also be what alkorahil said "The actual cruise control solenoid runs on a vacuum. Check the hoses on it and that the linkage running from the servo to the throttle body is still connected.

Check your harness connectors to the servo in the engine bay as well for damage and poor connectivity." Can someone help me find where the cruise control solenoid is?

Thanks,

KILLANOLA 1995 Nissian Pathfinder XE-V6 manual