To Do:

TShep704

things i need to get done and need some advice with...

outer control arms: both boots busted so i might as well replace whole thing

warn hubs: should i replace wheel bearings too?

Valve cover gaskets

fluids: maybe?

spark plugs

p/s pump: how much of a pain is this?

the rest is just cosmetic or electrical, but im probably going to get it done this week because i have no school this week and cant work due to all the democrats in Charlotte for the week.... and advice or things to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

I installed Warn hubs about 6 months ago, simple swap out for the OEM hubs. Took me a while for the first one because I had to put the tire on before I should have. Second side took me 15 minutes. I also did not have to swap out the studs.

I didn't change bearings, because

a) I don't think it needed them.

B) I think it would have been an all day job if I did. If I recall the inner bearings are a "big" job, and need a special tool (or you can make one with 2 prongs)-plus the Rotor & such needs to come off. They also need care to be seated correctly-mind that this just what I have read, not actually done. -Grain of salt...

So I'd say skip the bearings for now, unless you feel that they are on the way out. Bank that time towards the spark plugs swap etc.

...watch out for them Democrats, I hear they can be a surly bunch especially in herds...

Edit-adding: Shoot some PB blaster or simular on the drain/fill plugs of anything you think you might be changing out later in the week. This really helped when I filled my rear diff...

Edited by Camelfilter

I would regrease the inner and outer bearings, it's not difficult. If you're doing outers already it's another 10 minutes to regrease the inners as well. You will need new inner bearing grease seals, you can get them pretty cheap on RockAuto. Use a high quality synthetic wheel bearing grease; Valvoline SynPower tubs are commonly found in most auto parts stores.

Valve cover gaskets: have you tried simply tightening the screws for these? If not, try it and see if you leak/weeps stop.

Fluids: if you haven't had any of the following done for 2 years I'd do them: differential(s), transfer case (if applicable), transmission fluid (just one drain & fill will be good to refresh some of the fluid assuming auto), coolant (drain & fill of radiator and overflow reservoir), power steering fluid (use a turkey baster to siphon & fill with synthetic ATF; repeat every other oil change), brake fluid (always flush every 2 years), grease driveshaft(s) every oil change

Filters: if not done in past two years: cabin air filter (if equipped), fuel filter; air filter only if it looks excessively clogged

Spark plugs: 105k mile intervals, along with timing belt; if not done, get both of these done!

P/S pump: is it just plain dead? I don't know how difficult an R&R is, sorry. The ST section of the factory service manual might shed some light here.

What other issues do you have?

Edited by Towncivilian

are there any threads for any of the fluid changes?

i thought the p/s pump was done because it has been leaking for a while and went out while it was still full. so i just let it all leak out but just topped it off today and its working alright so far... so i gess i just need to find the leak

i tightened valve covers last week and cleaned it all with brake cleaner, checked back today and oil was already built back up

other issues are mainly all body damage

Do you have a manual or auto trans?

Every fluid except brake is pretty much drain & fill. Most instructions are in the maintenance section of the FSM.

For brake fluid, be sure to follow the bleeding order:

1. LSV air bleeder (Models equipped with LSV)

2. Left rear brake

3. Right rear brake

4. Left front brake

5. Right front brake

Cabin filter guide

Fuel filter guide

Also adjust your throttle & cruise wires; see FE-3 and , respectively