Code 45 injector leak

ahardb0dy

So my check engine light came on one day last week, I checked the codes and only one that came up was 45 "injector leak", I did a search on here and found a bunch of threads about this as well as other unrelated codes. Most of the threads related to injector leak members were mentioning how they smelled gas under the hood, I do not have that. I checked the small hose that connects the fuel rails and it looks fine,

I cleared the code and the CEL stayed off for almost 2 days than on the way home on the third day it came on again. The truck is running as good as it always does, it always smells like it is running rich (at the tail pipe) don't know if that would be related or not. Gas mileage is constant between the before CEL and after approx 16-17 MPG.

I guess the next step is to follow the diagnostic in the FSM which I will do tomorrow.

If this is an injector problem, can any of them be removed without puling the manifold? I know the drivers side are probably under the manifold but are any on the pass. side accessible?

Anything else I should check for the injector leak code??

Thanks

One part of diagnosing injectors is to measure the resistance (spec is in FSM). It is likely easier to do this than actually take the injectors out, so it's a good first step. But I still doubt you can do it for driver's side with the plenum on.

In case there is some garbage blocking the injector nozzle causing it to spray weird, you can try throwing in a 20oz. bottle of Chevron Techron in the tank, I think NAPA has it for $5.99 on sale (or maybe that ended already). WalMart also has a $2 off instant manufacturer coupon on the bottles, but I don't think they have the 20oz. bottles. Maybe pocket one of those coupons and go get a bottle from AAP instead, heh. Try not to burn through the whole tank quickly as you would on a long highway trip, the cleaner works better when allowed to sit and soak.