E-fan like a boss with a Dakota Digital fan controller

Tungsten

First of all let me start by saying that I am not comparing fan controllers here. After I acquired all of the parts to do a Taurus 3.8 electric fan swap, I needed a proper dual speed controller. Dakota Digital, being my favorite car electronics company, had just what I needed. A PAC-2700 dual speed fan controller.

Some of its features include:

- Ability to use the factory gauge sender (even though this is not recommended by them)

- Running the fan after the engine has been shut off to prevent heat soak

- Battery overload protection

- Temperature specific fan on and fan off modes

- Air conditioner algorithm

It's a really nice controller and here is a preview showing off that it works before I do a full write-up:

427460_10151024638049075_1818510502_n.jpg

This is taking a reading from the factory sender. The controller fully interacts with the factory gauge and sender and shows the corresponding temperature.

Here is the write-up as promised: http://www.nissanpat...-taurus-38-fan/

Edited by Tungsten
  • Like 1

Nice,Tungsten definitley looking forward to the write up.I am planning to do an electric fan set up and was concerned about only one thing.The controller, many brands out there but dakota look's like a good one.thank's.

The actual controller retails for about $90. The extra is for the included 70A relay. Price-wise it is very competitive with the best controllers on the market with both its price and its features. Be aware that if you are going to go this route, make sure you are comfortable with wiring and programming. I will show how to do that really soon in this thread.

Edited by Tungsten

I remember they had a complete cluster that could actually fit the space on the box dash models.

prd_zm_485.jpg

No idea if it actually fits but it does look pretty amazing.

I remember they had a complete cluster that could actually fit the space on the box dash models.

prd_zm_485.jpg

No idea if it actually fits but it does look pretty amazing.

No thanks. I dont need my Pathfinder to look like KITT. And it probably costs about as much as VG33 swap.