150k miles alot for a 97?

csutke

The tire carrier is great, I had to go through all kinds of hell trying to find one for my '96! Luckily, a forum member came through for me.

As Towncivilian said, most things you can do yourself although the last spark plug on the driver side bank is a son of a bitch :headwall:

Steering rack mounts are easy (split rubber)

Belts easy

Rear shocks easy

Fuel filter easy

Clean rad easy

I'd flush the coolant & put a new thermostat in, fairly easy

Oil pressure switch easy (I think, I haven't done mine yet)

Front brakes easy

Rear brakes easy

Tune up (cap & rotor) easy

I did all of the above on my '96, maybe have a mechanic do the rest. If the cv boots are split I'd replace the cv joint as you don't know what @!*%e has gotten in there (I put new axles on mine).

I just did the front ball joints & tie rod ends, ball joint is a little hassle but still not too bad.

Have fun 'Froading........

Edited by theexbrit

Just an fyi, we ran our 97 until it had well over 205,000 miles and sold it. It was poorly maintained before I got it at 185,000 miles. Its still on the road. I wouldn't worry about a well maintained 150,000 mile unit.

That looks like a decent find, especially the way it is set up. I'm digging the 5sp and external carrier, that alone makes it valuable in my book. :aok:

B

These are the main reasons I bought this one. Live that it has the brush guard, swing out tire carrier, 5 speed, and then all the niceties inside. Plus it like very clean. One previous owner who took great care of it.

The tire carrier is great, I had to go through all kinds of hell trying to find one for my '96! Luckily, a forum member came through for me.

As Towncivilian said, most things you can do yourself although the last spark plug on the driver side bank is a son of a bitch :headwall:

Steering rack mounts are easy (split rubber)

Belts easy

Rear shocks easy

Fuel filter easy

Clean rad easy

I'd flush the coolant & put a new thermostat in, fairly easy

Oil pressure switch easy (I think, I haven't done mine yet)

Front brakes easy

Rear brakes easy

Tune up (cap & rotor) easy

I did all of the above on my '96, maybe have a mechanic do the rest. If the cv boots are split I'd replace the cv joint as you don't know what @!*%e has gotten in there (I put new axles on mine).

I just did the front ball joints & tie rod ends, ball joint is a little hassle but still not too bad.

Have fun 'Froading........

Yeah I plan on doing most of this my self. I had the mechanic do the control arms, steering rack mounts, oil pressure switch, and the cv joints. The right boot was torn and throwing grease everywhere so I had them replace the whole thing. And I know all about the #6 plug and It's wonderful location. Luckily it still has the tool kit under the seat with the plug wrench. Wish I had actually used it when I did the plugs on my old 98. Would have made things a ton easier. And while I wouldn't call the belts easy per se they are doable without having to have the mechanic do them.