Retirement?

nismothunder

Money saved.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What would your comfort number be?

• Screw retirement I'll work at wal-mart
    • $250,000-500,000
    • $500,000-750,000
    • $750,000-1,000,000
    • $1,000,000+

Just a random thread and topic I've been thinking about. (Strangly this was covered while in school by the teacher telling us not to worry since none of us will ever retire)

1. What age did you begin saving?

2. What your goal/comfort number is?

3. How do you plan on enjoying your retirement?

4. What age do you want to retire?

My answers.

1. Not yet, plan on within the next few weeks since I have money but its not set aside as a strict retirement fund.

2. Givin how the current retire ment age is 65 I will say $500,000-750,000. (note this is with interest, not gross out of pocket) At that age I suspect I may have a few good years yet but not many.

3. I dont know. I was gonna do a Charlie Sheen and spend it on blow and whores in some sunny state until I had a heart attack. But at this point I dont know. Maybe move into town and yell at people for walking on my grass.

4. About 5 minutes ago lol... I cant see myself retiring before 60, I mean I couldnt take the sheer boredom of giving up a routine and having years of doing abusluty nothing for years ahead.

Now your thoughts on the subject?

• Like 1

1. Now

2. The more you have, the more you want

3. Doesn't matter but hopefully not in a wheelchair suffering from a chronic illness

4. Probably never but go in and out of projects/jobs

1. When I was 24

2. $500,000 - $750,000

3. "Maybe move into town and yell at people for walking on my grass." That is now my goal! :lol:

4. Take life day by day around the house with various little projects like Tungsten.