Thinking about an outing this weekend

nztim

So Im thinking about heading out in the bog of a winter we are having in New Zealand and as it will be my first "lesuire" 4x4 experience just wondering what you guys bring for those "Uh Oh..." moments, haha.

I have had experience 4x4'ing before but always with in a short trip of a farmer with his tractor to save me if I had got stuck (which touch wood I haven't done yet)

My kit i usually have in the vehicle is, strop's, spade, fire extinguisher, gps and radio. any other recommendations

mainly asking so I can make up a kit to keep in the vehicle at all times. Keen to know what you guys have.

Cheers,

Tim

I have yet to go wheeling (4x4) by myself. I have always had at least one other truck with me to get ourselves out of trouble if one were to get stuck. Here's a link to a thread started many years ago of members here sharing what they keep with them at all times.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/12044-what-do-you-always-have-with-you/

I have went by my self not "wheeling" but just messing around with some friends and almost got stuck. One should never go by theirself wheeling... to many things can happen. :-) I usually bring a 20' strap, food and drinks, extra clothes and another pair of shoes, stuff like that. That thread is good for what to bring with you. :-)

I spose I hadn't thought about the whole "on your own" thing previously, none of my friends have trucks... I shall study that forum link and built an appropriate kit for my truck, thanks. and hopefully find another person to go wheeling with

So Im thinking about heading out in the bog of a winter we are having in New Zealand and as it will be my first "lesuire" 4x4 experience just wondering what you guys bring for those "Uh Oh..." moments, haha.

I have had experience 4x4'ing before but always with in a short trip of a farmer with his tractor to save me if I had got stuck (which touch wood I haven't done yet)

My kit i usually have in the vehicle is, strop's, spade, fire extinguisher, gps and radio. any other recommendations

mainly asking so I can make up a kit to keep in the vehicle at all times. Keen to know what you guys have.

Cheers,

Tim

believe it or not I carry a flare gun I picked up at a boating store. Just in case i have to signal from a long way off the beaten path.Along with the nessasary survival gear sleeping bag,food, water matches toilet paper unless you like using leaves ha ha thats a joke.Anyway you get the point.better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.KEEP ON TRUCKING.signed jack