I need an R50 re-education

csutke

I its been years since I owned an R50 went from a 98 (totalled) to an 04 (traded) and currently have a subaru forester and its time for something different. I have a line on an other 98 with 100k miles on it and a 5 speed. I have seen it in person or even seen pics of it but i know what they look like and how they run etc... But since its been so long since ive owned one what are some of the main things to look at with the 98 R50. I know that the timing belt has been changed, as well as the current owner will be taking it to a mechanic to look ever and make sure its in the condidtion I think its in. So besides the timing belt what else should I be looking at with this one?

P.S. Im getting all giddy inside witht the thought of owning an other pathy. I loved my 98 and was heart broken the day I totalled it. I al ready have plans in my mind as to what i want to do with it, AC lift, warn hubs, etc....

^ that. At 100k my assumption is some of hte things that go wrong still have some time. At about 148k, my rear main seal was leaking pretty bad, my passenger side valve cover gasket has a slight weep going on and one of my c/v boots is torn a little bit (running manual hubs so I just leave it unlocked).

Had the trailing arm bushings replaced about a year ago- the way to tell if they are bad is you will notice a wobbling or as I liked to describe it a "floating" whenever you are going pretty quick- post 45mph and you hit a bump.

Also see how the clutch feels? I'm at 152k now and so far so good.