96-99 Cat-Back line up

02silverpathy

Looking for an exhaust cat-back system to replace the fresh hole in my stocky...thought there was a gibson set up...now i can't find it so i was looking at the HKS, but it is pricey and apparently disco'd!!! So do we all just pick a muffler and replace pipes with that bent aluminized?? :oops:

No. There was never a Gibson exhaust for our trucks. I do believe the HKS has been discontinued due to lack of demand, but they occasionally pop up on eBay. Your best (i.e. cheapest) route would be to buy a performance muffler and get piping made.

I'm running a 40-Series Flowmaster Delta Flow muffler (forget the model #) with custom bent aluminized piping and it's great. :aok:

I just bought a Flowmaster 50 series for my '97. Both downtubes need to be replaced (too much salt on PA roads) and I'm having the resonator chopped off and replaced with stainless pipe. Flowmaster recommended this muffler....you can call them for the part number or I can get it for ya. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Might want to check out Dynomax also. Myself and a few other R50 guys are running them, I personally think they sound sweet. Probably not as loud/growly as a flowmaster, but has a nice rumble to it when you get on it (not ricey at all, BTW). I also love the sound of my exhaust in low range, it's bada$$ B)