AC Fan Connection/Wiring

Florian

Hi and Hello to everybody!

I am new here and have my pathfinder now since November last year. We are travelling throughout Australia with it and already went about 12.000km...

Every now and then I fix different stuff or just check if everything is allright.

At the moment I am stuck with my Fan for the A/C. I don't know if it is there from stock or was installed afterwards. Anyway, it is not connected. Its power wires go to a relay which is connected to nothing. Does Somebody have an Idea where to connect it to or has a wirung diagramm? I have the workshop Manual for my car, but the fan just doesn't exist in this one...

Thanks for any Help!

Florian

Humm, as far as RELAYS go I have one that says "A/C" but I always assumed it was for the compressor, it's just a bundle of wires with a relay at the end of them, so it might give the apperance that half of the wiring is missing, no "to and from" type thing. If it is the fan that is not working I don't think that relay is the problem.

As far as I'm aware, no Pathfinder came equipped with an auxiliary electric fan mounted to the radiator or A/C condenser. If yours has one, it was probably installed (albeit poorly or incompletely) by the previous owner.

If you want that fan to activate when you turn on the A/C, I assume the relay is a standard Bosch-style automotive relay with 4 terminals: 30, 87, 85, 86

terminal 30: 30-amp fused wire connected directly to +12vDC battery

terminal 87: power wire to fan

terminal 85: ground

terminal 86: tapped into the A/C compressor clutch wire

The fan itself should have a chassis ground wire (in addition to the power wire you attached to terminal 87).

Now, whenever you turn on the AC, the fan will also operate.

Edited by XPLORx4
  • Like 1