Help with fixing rear electric window?

Cryphix

I was wondering if there is an easy way to find out whats wrong with my rear passenger electric window. It is stuck in the up position and when i push the button it doesn't go down or move at all.

Well depends on if you are mechanically able? You will need a 12 volt electrical tester. First have you tried both switches? One at the drivers door and the one at the window itself? If so then you will want to use the tester at the switches to make sure that it is putting out the 12 volts to the motor. If it is putting out 12 volts while holding the switch then more than likely your motor burned up. Or the window is bound up. I just figure testing the electrical is easier because you dont have to tear the whole door apart.

I'd download the service manual (if you haven't yet), then pull the interior door trim to get at the plugs and things. Hook the 12v tester to the window motor, have someone try to move it, and see if you get 12v to the tester. If you don't, there's a problem somewhere in the wiring. If you do, but the motor just won't go, then... either the window itself is stuck or the motor's cooked. (Do you hear it humming when you try to make it go?)

The tester has to hit metal/wiring, so yeah, a little disassembly is probably required. :)

Edited by Slartibartfast