Jerky stops

edta1

Right on edta1, Good Job !! I'd be curious to know what the final cost was and how much time it took you VS the stealerships $400 price tag... Then there's always the good feeling of doing it yourself, not to mention if you ever have to do it again or trouble shoot the system, you know it very well now...

Bernard

Hello Precise1,

It cose me about $72 to do the repairs. It took about 2 days to do the job. It took a bit long because I ran into some problems. First, it took forever for me to figure out how to take the rotors off. The snap ring was hard as hell to take off at first. But once I broke down and got the right tool, it was a piece of cake. When I was putting the rotors back on, I didn't realize the axle will move. It moved enough so that I couldn't place the snap ring on. Then somehow my one of the screw holes on my caliper bracket stripped. So I had to takew it to the stealership to get them retapped (freebie).

Overall, it really wasn't that hard. Next time I think it'll take about 1.5 hours. No problem. This was definitely a DIY job and not worth the $400 the stealership was quoting. Thanks Precise1. :aok: