Order SFD?

So the folks that have done this and ordered it in pieces I could use some help. I don't want to bother with the AC "lift package" as, if I'm not misunderstood, the rear coils need to be replaced with jeep coils right? So if I piece this together I know AC front lift coils, KYB struts (I think I know the correct part number, if anyone knows for sure that would be great), SFD from krypton. My main concern here is rear coils and rear shocks? Could anyone provide part numbers for those, also I want the longest rear shock that will work for most travel, so any input is greatly appreciated everyone, thanks in advance!!

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

I used the 6.5in WJ lift coils from Ironrockoffroad.com Cut the pigtail out of the top enough to fit over my factory bump stops. My rear sits a little higher than the front and that can be fixed by simply trimming a little more of the coil. The shocks i used are some Skyjacker that i had laying in the shop. Most guys here run the Rancho 5000's Im sure they will chime in shortly as to exactly which ones. The AC front coils and definitely KYB struts. I tried Monroe originally because they were cheap and they failed miserably to the top out. Once your front springs settle some they wont top out as much. Its really not a tough build to do and you'll be very satisfied...for a little while..i keep hearing the call for a SAS..Havent picked up the phone yet.

Edited by Wo0denSp0on

I don't care pay full price I'm still doing SAS !!!! Krypton makes quality parts and for them to rust through or become weak because of surface rust obviously you don't know what your getting. The pathfinder is far more inferior than these parts.

You're kidding right? If that's "surface rust" I'd hate to see "rust" I'm not being an @** about it if I'm going to spend a lot of money on something I don't want "surface rust" next time send me pictures of something cleaned up and rust free and perhaps I'll buy it.

But besides that side track anyone have any input, sorry I'm not putting anyone down, but PA don't get rude because I didn't buy your stuff it just wasn't for me. Someone else I'm sure will buy it.

My ProComp ES9000 have held up well. It's been a while and I'd actually have to check my own post to verify, but I think the part number was 929500. I actually borrowed that shock idea from at least a couple other guys on NPORA who had gone SFD before me.

It flexes quite well for what it's worth, though I've never really tested the full flex (without a shock) to see how much it might be limiting me. I got a killer deal through a special discount at 4 Wheel Parts (a place I really don't like a whole lot) so that was really why I went this route.

If you hadn't read about it before now, just be aware that you'll have to insert a bushing/sleeve in through the upper shock "eye" in order for the upper bolt to fit snuggly (otherwise there will be quite a bit of play). I helped a friend with his lift and I found a perfect insert at Ace Hardware.

Edited by Rick13

I was at the Ark vs SC football game last year in Fayetteville. And will actually be in Fayetteville again this weekend when they play SC in baseball. Oh yes pathfinders...shocks... Oh hey somethin shiny!

• Like 1