2 INCH BODYLIFT

IVE MACHINED A 2INCH BODYLIFT FROM SOLID ALUMINIUM ,

I KNOW THERE IS A FAIR FEW THINGS U HAVE TO MODIFY WHEN FITTING A 3 INCH LIFT

AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS FITTED A 2 INCH LIFT THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT THE HAD TO MODIFY IF ANYTHING AT ALL .

• Like 1

The only thing I had to modify were the slots in the body where my ARB bumper brackets attaches to the factory mounts. You likely won't have this problem. I did separate all the lines from the passenger side firewall before the lift, some fit back to their original positions some needed modified routing. I also removed the loop style bracket that goes around the drive shaft, just behind the transfer case. That's all I can think off, I didn't have to modify the 4x4 shifter linkage as those with the 3" BL do.

thanks for that , did u have to do anything with the steering arm , if u can remember what bolts did u use ie size and pitch

Edited by shermo

It was a while back, but I remember removing the steering arm by loosening the pinch bolt and sliding it back off the steering box, then re-installing it once the lift was in, when re-installing it, you just have to stretch it out a little. As far a bolts go, I used whatever came in the kit from Automotive Customizers. You will have the use the same as whatever you remove as they thread into the factory body mounts.

• 2 weeks later...

How did u make the parts of the body lift? Like what is needed to lift it? I'm new to the "lift" part. I do have a CNC machine that I can use to make parts but I wouldn't have a clue on how to start building a part to "lift" my pathy. Do you still have the blueprint or file you used if you used a CNC machine? Would love to check that out if you still have it :)

(null)