More fuel

ejin4499

If I want to run say 34% more fuel through an injector how would I calculate the required duty cycle ?

I want to switch to ethanol. One of the challenges is how to get more fuel into the cylinder. Would our stock injectors be able to do this? I've been trolling through google and have gained a general understanding of how some of this is measured just not quite sure how to do the calculations.

our stock 180cc injectors are way too small. at 80% duty cycle (industry standard) they limit engines to the 200hp range on gasoline. Will go beyond that just to maintain stock power on ethanol. You will need AT LEAST 270cc injectors. this will get you started but it probably won't be perfect. you may need to tweak the ECU a little to match the appropriate ignition timing curves for ethanol. Turning the dizzy will likely not be enough, you will want to change when and how much the timing changes to match the fuel.

Look into nistune!

I'm learning all this stuff right now, and I can tell you, there are not allot of answers (for this topic) on NPORA. but lots on other forums where ethanol conversion and tuning means they can make more power without risking the life of the engine. This is because of higher knock thresholds, higher boost pressures, higher compression ratios, more aggressive timing advance and all things that were previously limited by old gasoline octanes.

Ethanol does not contain more energy but because it is safer, the engines can be pushed harder (100 hp harder) and thus it is getting its following in the racing crowd.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a board that you recommend that I can search through? I'm just getting into the ethanol scene. It's neat to think that one might be able make your own fuel in your backyard. On top of that all the projects that I want to do anyway will offset some of ethanol's energy deficiency.

I would start by joining the z31performance board. (membership required for searching and viewing)

Just sit back and watch, I found some conversions over there but most if it is for boosted applications. same engine though...

and don't let on that you are doing this to a pathfinder lol.

I can't remember the other boards I look at off the top of my head but google should help. there are also web pages with good info on them as well.

Muscle magazine online might have something too... (as in muscle car I can't remember the exact address)

Edited by MY1PATH