6-spd manual transmission

vmodi

Hi folks:

I currently have the 5-spd manual. I notice some grinding in 3rd, did put in new Royal Purple manual transmission fluid which helped! The clutch also gets hard to press during cold weather.

Can one install a 6-spd manual transmission on the R50?

Can the engine take the change? Has anyone done it? And where to buy one (incl. cost)?

Thanks!

Try bleeding your clutch with some DOT4 brake fluid, it might help your cold weather performance. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, so the fluid probably contains some water especially if it's not been changed in a few years.

Engines love transmissions with lots of gears.

You just need to find one that fits up to it and mates with the transfer case or drive shaft. It also needs to be the same length, or you need to cut the drive shaft, or have a new one made.

Well I wish there was an easy answer but there's not.

The Nissan 6 speed transmission has a different bell housing pattern and does not bolt to the TX10 transfer case.

I had looked into this myself at one time. But hey and adapter plate would be great if someone made one, or a few!

A 'chevy' T56 (5 overdrive, 6 2nd overdrive) with a 3:1 NP205 transfer case (gear driven not chain driven) mated to it would be pretty sweet to have in a pathy.

Engines love transmissions with lots of gears.

this is very true.

Edited by MY1PATH

Id love a tranny that would bolt up to the Vq35, mines 2wd to make it even easier. But I doubt there is such a mythical transmission out there