Saving my pathy from the grave

99.5r50

about two months ago i was going to sell my R50 for parts or junk it, but i really couldn't do it, i was nearly broke but i decided to put everthing i had into it too keep it alive, i bought a transmission,and a new bumper, i replaced the tranny myself( first time) and just finished painting the new bumper and putting it back on, all i'm missing now is new splashshields for the front ( ordered the wrong ones) then it's back too normal

that's great and all but i don't wanna stop there, i just bought a 2" lift kit and wheel spacers, and i'll be getting some new tires soon , i'm hoping for 305/70r/16

i'm pretty much putting everything into this, i've seen some of the pathy's on here and hope mine will be beautiful soon , i've never done any of this before but i'm hoping for the best

i have some pictures but i'm not really sure how to put them up here

and i also bed linered my grill,fog light grills, and back bumper step, it looks great and it was cheap

one more thing , while replacing the tranny i had to take out the exhaust from the transfer case back, and decided to save some money and give it an aggressive sound by putting a flowmaster muffler on then straight out the side, it's just a single pipe coming out in front of the back axle on the passenger side

it sounds really nice and saved me about 200$ at the exhaust shop

Glad to hear that you didn't give up on your Pathy. I'm kind of partial to the 99.5! :friday:

99.5/2000 are the best years! Old reliable VG engine, new body style! :jig:

As long as you don't mind chuggin your way slowly up mountain passes...

WE NEEEEEED PICS!

Edited by erathge

PICTURES

finally figured out the pictures

thats before the new bumpers and after

sorry about the quality i'll try to get better ones after the lift

Edited by 99.5r50

yeah haha too bad the new bumper is on now, you can see the side pipe in that pic

i'm just waiting for the lift kit to come in i can't wait too get that baby on

what tires would you all suggest?

• 3 weeks later...

Since you live in a hill billy state, I say Super Swampers!! Since mud is all you got there.

Hill billy state? not where i'm from and their isn't much mud ethier , i'm thinking about goodyear Mt/R , or Cooper discovery STT

I went with 31's but, wish I had gone with 32's. All terains would be your best bet. Shop around for what your budget fits and post some dang pics already!

Huh, just saw your in Illinois. I have family all over that state from the southern Mizzou side, to the Indiana boarder, to the "Windy City" itself.