Junkyard 3VZ-E

MrT

A buddy of mine blew the motor in his 89 Toyota pickup. I've been trying to help him find a replacement but am having a hard time. Can anyone recommend an online seller or junkyards that will ship. Cheapest I've found so far is $1,800 which seems a little steep.

Your probaly gonna be better off trying to find a cheap complete truck with a rotted frame. Junkyards and used parts places know the yota 3.slow tends to give in to the ghost, and their great headgasket issues, and the let it show in their pricing. (one of the times I put my wifes old 4runner together 1,200 was the cheapest local to me for one that should run with unknown backhistory and 180k miles). No time like the present to 3.4 swap that thing :aok:

found one for $750 with 136k on it. Doesn't sound too bad I guess. At least better than the guy that would sell one for $300 with unknown milage, but he pulled the plugs and they looked good so he thinks it will be fine...:wackinit:

The 3VZ is a junk motor, like most toyota motors. But Toyota definitely should have stuck to inline 6's. Like Josh said, you should look in to a 5VZ swap, or whatever those toyota kids are doing these days, I'm pretty sure there is a hybrid motor that takes the best of both motors and combines them in to something super awesome. When I still had my supra, I used a 7M block and a 5M head to make a hybrid 6M.... beastly 3 liter!

Don't get me wrong. I think he should swap it for the 5VZ too but he's doesn't work on his own vehicles and just wants something his mechanic can drop in.