Help ID Transmission/Starter Bolts, Please!

peejay

Greetings, all!

Need a little help identifying transmission mounting (and possibly starter) bolts! (Shame on me for not labeling them when I took them out!)

I've attached a pic to show what I currently have...The 3 in the bag labeled "HIDDEN" are the two flange bolts, one for the driver's side gusset, one for the passenger's side...and the 3rd "long" bolt in the "HIDDEN" bag, I'm assuming goes in the bottom gusset on the driver's side?

Are the two longest bolts (with flat washers and lock washers) the starter mounting bolts? Or are they transmission mounting bolts?

And so it looks like I'm still missing a bolt or two?

Thanks for any and all help, I hafta get a starter from the junkyard, so I can probably ID the bolts then, but preliminary info might help!

trans_bolts.jpg

(Note: Precise1 posted a good pic of the backside of the starter bolts here, http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1754&st=80, and I think I can make out what looks to be a flat and a lock washer on those bolts, so I'll assume the long, REALLY oily ones I have are for the starter!)

Edited by peejay

Check the sizes.

All the transmission bolts are medium and short sized 14mm bolts. They are that yellowish galvanized metal color. The longer, 15mm, silver bolts are the starter bolts. There are only two of them. On the transmission there are one or two bolt holes that are not occupied. There are bolt holes on the trans side, but no bolt holes on the engine side.

Just FYI, there are 4 bolts securing the trans to the engine. There are 2 bolts for the starter. And on the bottom, there are about 6 bolts for the gussets.

P.S. the silver bolts are very easy to distinguish. Instead of going IN the engine, they come THROUGH the other side. Also, the starter bolts go in from the front and come out from the back. All the other bolts go in the back and come out the front.

The silver bolts have a weird stamp on the head.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Y'all rock, thanks!!! I apologize for the image hosting, I'm having problems gettin' it to stay linked!

If I do make it out to the boneyard, I'll try and sneak some pics of the starter/tranny bolts before I remove 'em, and repost here!

Check the sizes.

All the transmission bolts are medium and short sized 14mm bolts. They are that yellowish galvanized metal color. The longer, 15mm, silver bolts are the starter bolts. There are only two of them. On the transmission there are one or two bolt holes that are not occupied. There are bolt holes on the trans side, but no bolt holes on the engine side.

Just FYI, there are 4 bolts securing the trans to the engine. There are 2 bolts for the starter. And on the bottom, there are about 6 bolts for the gussets.

P.S. the silver bolts are very easy to distinguish. Instead of going IN the engine, they come THROUGH the other side. Also, the starter bolts go in from the front and come out from the back. All the other bolts go in the back and come out the front.

The silver bolts have a weird stamp on the head.