xterra electrical question

ahardb0dy

This may apply to the pathfinder as well so I'm asking on here instead of an xterra forum.

Under the hood on this 2000 xterra my buddy just bought there is a fuse and fusible link box (pass side inner fender), there is a stud that a few of the accessories that were installed on this truck get power from, problem right now is there is no power at the stud. Anyone know where this gets power from?? I don't know if this is an output or is the stud where power comes in to the box. I think it must be an output as everything else in the fuse box here has power. Pic of what I'm a talking about below:

33uztb4.jpg

Kind of rusty but I would think the stud itself would show power. Going to look at it today, was dark when we looked at it last night. The joy of buying a used vehicle!! The truck is set up very well but like told my friend if something doesn't work have to try to figure out what the previous owner did.

yes it is, compressor was working the night we went to look at the truck, now when you switch the compressor on I get power at the solenoid but have no power coming to the solenoid, traced the wire back to that stud and have no power at that stud. FSM shows that fuse/fusible link box having 3 plugs coming in from the bottom and a large wire going to that stud (or coming off the stud, can't tell), I don't know how the P.O. connected the wires from the rear mounted batteries to the wires that were on the battery when it was in the original location, well I don't know yet but I will.

Also don't think the stud is the main power coming in as everything else in that fuse/relay block does have power