Quick release back seat bottom mod

speedbuggy67

I have been planning to do this mod for years but finally did it since i was picking up 4 31in tires out of state and wasn't sure they were going to fit. Im sure we've all would have liked to be able to remove the back seat bottoms for an extra foot of room in the back when folding the seats down. Well i went to harbor freight and bought these quick release pins which couldn't have fit better and were about 2.50 a peice and i needed 4 of them. I used a grinder to get the orig hinge pins out and these fit right into place and removal takes seconds and replacment maybe a minute a piece since you have to line the hinges up. Well worth it for under 10 bucks. Here is a picture of the part and the installation on the seat bottom. Hopefully this will help someone out. YOu won't be able to use the black plastic hinge cover unless you mod them. Good luck, if questions let me know...

P2230620.jpg

ps for those curious just got new General Grabber AT2's reviews put them higher then BFG at's at a fraction of the price, even tirerack has them for 132 i think bfg at's are 35+ more a tire and i like this tread pattern more (and i was a hard core BFGat guy!) I love mud tires but with gas prices i'd rather have the 2+mpg more with at's.

Edited by speedbuggy67

I used the pins with round rings and I leave them in the vehicle when the seats are removed. They make a great place to hook a bungee onto for holding stuff down.

Enjoi the extra space :)