Pictures of some trails I drove on with the local JK club in Dona Anna New Mexico

Timmons

The pictures really don't show how vertical these hills really were. I will have some more pics of these crazy hills we went on that have the R50 in action once I can gather them up from our other drivers this week.

Tallon1.jpg

trail4.jpg

trail6.jpg

Trail1.jpg

Trail2.jpg

Trail3.jpg

Trail7.jpg

So how did the Pathy do on this run??? My math sucks, what does a 265/70/17 tires / wheel? combo translate into 31" 32" 33" 35" 's?

It actually did pretty well and kept up with the Jeeps but I still need to change out my ranchos in the rear for longer ones since I have more flex now. Was in a climb that required for camber and couldn't get traction. Only have open diffs and no lockers. Just put it into low 4x4 and shift into 1st. Climb that rock. Im not totally experienced on the trails but going out with a group of people that are really helps. I'm running 32's. Going to put some 33's or 285's soon and that's as far as i'm going on the tires since those half shafts (CV's) won't take 35's very well from what I have been reading on the forums.

I would suggest beefing up the tierods too. I just took some pipe and sleeved mine and they have been holding up so far.

I did see a mod also for a steering stabilizer, have you done that one yet? Bump steering is crazy on these R50's.

Sure is, Dona Ana Mountains, I see your from New Mexico, what city?

Las Cruces area, I recognized that big hill right away though I've never seen it up close. I went out that way once just wandering around but I was by myself and didn't wanna push the stock r50 too far. You think I would have been ok where you were at or was the sfd pretty much necessary?

Las Cruces area, I recognized that big hill right away though I've never seen it up close. I went out that way once just wandering around but I was by myself and didn't wanna push the stock r50 too far. You think I would have been ok where you were at or was the sfd pretty much necessary?

I wouldn't take the stock R50 through some of these trails, your going to need the ground clearance or hit rocks. The SFD + the 2" springs from 4x4parts.com in the struts will give you a 6.5" lift which helps greatly on these trails. Wish I had those ARB lockers for a few of them, it was wrenching.

Dang, I guess it's a good thing i turned around then. Where do you normally go? There are some trails in the robledo mountains as well that you might be able to make it through with all that clearance.

Dang, I guess it's a good thing i turned around then. Where do you normally go? There are some trails in the robledo mountains as well that you might be able to make it through with all that clearance.

Yeah, don't go up there alone, go with a group in case you get stuck. There are places you can't turn around on. Never been to robledo, will hit Santa Teresa from Arcraft Rd. There are a bunch of technical trails that will flex you out and there are a few hills for a quick thrill LOL.

Ya I've been out there too haha. Never did make it up "the wall" but my old tires were really bad. The flexy trails off to the left were fun tho. Robledo is where they have (or had) the chile challenge, not sure if they do it anymore but there are some crazy trails up there. I'm surprised none of those jeople mentioned it. Were they amazed with the pathy? And ya, I've spent one very cold night stuck in the desert with no way to give directions to where I was and I learned my lesson real quick. I know better, now.

Ya I've been out there too haha. Never did make it up "the wall" but my old tires were really bad. The flexy trails off to the left were fun tho. Robledo is where they have (or had) the chile challenge, not sure if they do it anymore but there are some crazy trails up there. I'm surprised none of those jeople mentioned it. Were they amazed with the pathy? And ya, I've spent one very cold night stuck in the desert with no way to give directions to where I was and I learned my lesson real quick. I know better, now.

Yeah, they were amazed how well the R50 did out there. Alway's go with a group or plan on spending the night if you get stuck LOL.