1998 bumpers

kdj

I have a 1998 Pathfinder with chrome bumpers that are rotting out. Does any one know if I could replace them with the plastic covers from the 2001 and up? They look like they will work but I only have photos of the 2001 as reference. I have a Chilkoot with the plastic flares. Any opinions? Thanks.

check e-bay..alot of bumpers ...may be cheaper to just replace??http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-99-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-XE-SE-LE-BUMPER-COVER-/150756343717?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3ANissan%7CModel%3APathfinder&vxp=mtr&hash=item2319c73fa5#ht_4108wt_1263 :clickdalink:

I've checked one place and they wanted about $100 dollar per corner and I'd like to do the plastic in black. I'm not a big fan of chrome.

That would be interesting if you can swap for the face lift Pathy. I'd really like to see you make that happen.

I never thought of it as a face lift but other then the grill it would look like a 2001 or newer. I was hoping that someone out there could do a side by side comparison between the 1998 and a 2001 to see what holds it together under the 2001 plastic corners and 98 back cover. Does anyone have both? The front cover is plastic corners and center in plastic for 2001 instead of corner and center bumper in chrome with plastic only under the bumper on the '98 I think.

That would be interesting if you can swap for the face lift Pathy. I'd really like to see you make that happen.

I never thought of it as a face lift but other then the grill it would look like a 2001 or newer. I was hoping that someone out there could do a side by side comparison between the 1998 and a 2001 to see what holds it together under the 2001 plastic corners and 98 back cover. Does anyone have both? The front cover is plastic corners and center in plastic for 2001 instead of corner and center bumper in chrome with plastic only under the bumper on the '98 I think.