Hmmmm...Bumpers...

Wo0denSp0on

Alright so I picked up a bumper quite cheap...Figured out a few measurements got some ideas tossed em past my brother and figured out the mounting quite easy. Problem is..The factory windshield washer fluid reservoir and the whatever that is hangin from the air box would be open and exposed if I mounted it as planned. I know a few of you guys have built your own and such..what did you do with these things? My alternatives are A. make do with some brush guard thing with a wench mounted that looks half ass. B. get some metal and fab up some more armor to add to this bumper to cover these things and re-powdercoat. C. relocation? :wacko: D. Sell the bumper and look for another one a little more suited for my imagination.

Help me out fellas!

Sincerely, The Sp0on.

Edited by Wo0denSp0on

I have a bumper made for a Jeep XJ. I liked the price, durability, weight. So I made it work for me. I took the washer bottle out, replaced it with a rad overflow bottle. I just drilled a hole to accept the washer pump and bushing/seal. all the stuff under the airbox is resonators and restrictors to keep noise down and water out of your air box. It literally does the opposite. So remove it and reroute the intake higher. Other then that, just bend up some aluminum to cover the rad and steering rack and you're golden!

I have a bumper made for a Jeep XJ. I liked the price, durability, weight. So I made it work for me. I took the washer bottle out, replaced it with a rad overflow bottle. I just drilled a hole to accept the washer pump and bushing/seal. all the stuff under the airbox is resonators and restrictors to keep noise down and water out of your air box. It literally does the opposite. So remove it and reroute the intake higher. Other then that, just bend up some aluminum to cover the rad and steering rack and you're golden!

Funny, I have a good friend with an XJ and was looking at his aftermarket wincher bumper. It looked like a pretty close fit to the front grill/surround of the R50 but I was too lazy to look at the mounting points. Can you guys post up what you did or are doing to make these fit?

• 6 months later...