clutch question, off topic cause it's about my sentra

ahardb0dy

Hello all, have a question about clutches in general, when the clutch is good/new, is the clutch supposed to engage close to the floor or further up from the floor? My clutch was engaging about an inch from the floor so I thought I would adjust the cable, I tightened it and than the clutch was engaging higher up off the floor so I put it back the way it was. Just wanted to ask about the engagement point. Thanks.

My wifes Prelude was doing the same thing this past summer. It turned out to be either the master or slave cylinder (went ahead and replaced both) for the hydraulic clutch system. I would start by checking the fluid reservoir for the clutch. If it is low, check for leaks. :shrug:

My wifes Prelude was doing the same thing this past summer. It turned out to be either the master or slave cylinder (went ahead and replaced both) for the hydraulic clutch system. I would start by checking the fluid reservoir for the clutch. If it is low, check for leaks. :shrug:

sentras have a cable clutch....

anyways, you can adjust it to where its comfortable for you.. if its adjusted one way or the other too far it will either slip, or it won't disengage when the pedal is pushed. Sentras like to stretch clutch cables to.. so if it feel like you have to adjust it alot cause the pedal is never consistent its prolly stretching and time for a new one before it breaks.

Edited by kodi3482

If it's an old Sentra with a cable clutch, you probably have a stretched cable. Clutches have a lot of resistance for a cable to fight to open. Over some years, it'll stretch.

If it was a hydraulic clutch, that'd be a bit tougher to diagnose. Lot more parts.